Wednesday, February 11, 2009

KRSI

I'm sorry. I took a month off there. I'm back, keeping you in the loop with village life. February 11th already! February, March and even January are tough. Not a ton of light in Jan. Cold in February and January for that matter. By March I just hate snow. I want a more liquid form of the crap by then. In fact, even now, all I think about is fishing...fly fishing.

The guys keep telling me about spring trout fishing. The river opens up and the trout go crazy eating everything that hits the water. Can't wait.

About two weeks ago it got warm for like the third time this winter and everything melted. I took the 4-wheeler upriver a ways, to place called KRSI. It is an abandoned fishing camp that the village ran. At least that is what some have told me. There are a few buildings and metal frames left. It is situated on the end of a gravel bar right were the river splits. That gravel bar is loaded with fish. JT, Milt, Michael and myself have all enjoyed fishing up there this year.

I drove up there two weeks ago by myself and tried to find some running water. I had to walk in off the tundra trail as the ice on sloughs leading in were covered with standing water. Most of the gravel bar was covered with ice, but there was a nice 75 yard long chunk of deep water. I had to cross some other questionable stuff to make it out there, but it was worth it to just get a few casts in and work on the double haul. Albert at school asked me if I could double haul and I had to admit "no". So it is now my mission to get that thing looking good. haha.

Well welcome back and thanks for reading. I have got a few more in mind.


M&M fighting the wind:

First Grayling:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:04 PM

    What's a double haul? Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:42 PM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQRfg1FVyAE

    ReplyDelete