Saturday, July 25, 2009

New Music Friday (early Sat.)

Three women get play time on the Ipod. Lucinda Williams, Lisa Hannigan, Gillian Welch. Nothing against women musicians, there are plenty of fine singers, songwriters and musicians. I just prefer men, haha. These three for some reason have squeezed in.


Gillian Welch is lucky enough to play with the fantastic, master David Rawlings. What a stud this guy is. There best effort in my opinion is the song "Caleb Meyer". A chilling, women empowering, murder ballad. Two things work on the this song.. Storyline, DR on guitar. ---Nice hair
Sidenote: Guitar is a 1935 Epiphone Olympic archtop

Buy



Not to be outdone, Lisa Hannigan just has a tremendous voice and absolutely no desire to be famous from all of this. Really, she just sings because she enjoys it. I think you can see that in this performance. Enjoy this feel good.

Buy



oh, oh, I almost forgot before publishing this thing. Zoey Deschanel. #4 women on the ipod. #1 in Steph's disdain. I don't think my wife doesn't like her music, she just doesn't like that I likey. Totally different from the other two. She and Him have an old school sound to them. You might remember Deschanel from the movie "Elf" where she sings in the shower with Will Ferrel.

Buy